Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
amabeetsc

I received unemployment from KS for several weeks before finding a job on the MO side. Never worked in KS in 2018. Live in MO. Do I need to file in MO and KS?

Received unemployment and had them withhold Federal and State before my cut.  

JulieR

Yes. You will file as a part-year resident or Nonresident in Kansas, depending on your situation, to report the unemployment compensation you received from Kansas. You will also file a Missouri resident return. The following TurboTax FAQ provides additional information about filing in multiple states. Multiple States - Figuring Out What is Owed and Where 

JulieR