Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amabeetsc

I received unemployment from KS for several weeks before finding a job on the MO side. Never worked in KS in 2018. Live in MO. Do I need to file in MO and KS?

Received unemployment and had them withhold Federal and State before my cut.  

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieR

I received unemployment from KS for several weeks before finding a job on the MO side. Never worked in KS in 2018. Live in MO. Do I need to file in MO and KS?

Yes. You will file as a part-year resident or Nonresident in Kansas, depending on your situation, to report the unemployment compensation you received from Kansas. You will also file a Missouri resident return. The following TurboTax FAQ provides additional information about filing in multiple states. Multiple States - Figuring Out What is Owed and Where 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieR

Yes. You will file as a part-year resident or Nonresident in Kansas, depending on your situation, to report the unemployment compensation you received from Kansas. You will also file a Missouri resident return. The following TurboTax FAQ provides additional information about filing in multiple states. Multiple States - Figuring Out What is Owed and Where 

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v