Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I put my self employment on Turbotax and it took away money from my refund. I finished the SE form on here as well. Is there another step in paying for them?

As I stated, I put my self employment work on here and it reduced the money I would receive on my return. I waited for the SE schedule to appear and finished it on Turbotax. Are my taxes payed for or do I have another step.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I put my self employment on Turbotax and it took away money from my refund. I finished the SE form on here as well. Is there another step in paying for them?

Hi! any input on this? 

Yes, there would be further step(s). Might you have been logged out or knocked offline? Try saving, then exit completely, then log back in and see if it asks you if you'd like to proceed from where you left off. Please also note that the IRS is not yet accepting returns for processing therefore when you do click that submit button you will not be able to make any additional changes and it will just be sitting in a queue somewhere, waiting for it to be transmitted to the IRS. Therefore, you are much better off in waiting until closer to that date just in case anything should arise that you might not have received yet or thought of. Just some advice from a fellow self-employed person!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies