mwostendorf

I purchased a Honda Pioneer ATV in the state of Missouri and paid $873.74 in sales tax. I live in the state of Texas. Can I deduct as a major purchase the $873.74.

MinhT

Yes, you can deduct this sales tax in addition to the sales tax calculated by the IRS sales tax table as it is considered as a major purchase.

MinhT

mwostendorf

I am using the standard sales tax deduction for the state of Texas.  I just want to make sure I can deduct the $873.92 sales tax from the state of Missouri
MinhT

Yes, you can add the Missouri sales tax to the standard sales tax deduction.
mwostendorf

Thanks, you just made my day!!!!