krysta-08

I moved to Oregon in 2021,

I moved to Oregon in Jan 2021, I still work remotely for my company in California. Noticed on my paystub that I now pay both Oregon & California state tax. Is this correct?

I moved to Oregon in 2021,

If you are a W-2 employee then your income is not taxable by California from the date you are no longer a resident of CA.  You need to request that your employer cease withholding CA taxes from your wages.

I moved to Oregon in 2021,

Then you will file a part year 2021 Oregon tax return next year and a part year 2021 tax return for the state where you moved from.

krysta-08

I moved to Oregon in 2021,

Hi, sorry my full question didn't post. Can you look at my question now?

I moved to Oregon in 2021,

TomD8

I moved to Oregon in 2021,

@DoninGA 's answer is correct as long as you never physically work inside CA.  CA can tax non-residents on W-2 income from work actually (physically) performed inside CA.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.