Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I moved in 2017 and have residence in two states, how can I file using turbotax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I moved in 2017 and have residence in two states, how can I file using turbotax?

You would need to complete two part year state income tax returns.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for reporting in multiple states - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901560-how-do-i-file-if-i-moved-to-a-different-state-last-year

In the Personal Info section when using the desktop editions, you are asked for your state of residence.  Enter the state where you reside as of 12/31/2017.  You will also be asked if you lived in any other states.  Indicate Yes and select the state you moved from and the date you moved to the current resident state.

Note that the desktop edition comes with one free state program download which you should use for your resident state.  You will need to purchase the state program for the state you moved from.  To purchase the state program click on Online at the top of the program screen.  Click on Download State.  The current price for a state program used with the desktop editions is $39.99

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies