mckraft

I lived in Ohio for 7 months and then moved to florida How do I enter this in ohio turbo

paid taxes in ohio for full year

MaryK1

In the Ohio state tax section, you are able to input the dates that you lived in Ohio.  Turbo Tax uses the percentage of time that you lived in Ohio and applies the Ohio tax to that percentage of the total income.  Just to clarify- if you performed the actual work in Ohio while a Florida resident, Ohio can still tax that income to you as a nonresident.

From the Ohio Department of Revenue: (2017 Ohio income tax instructions)

Part-year residents use the nonresident credit on the Ohio Schedule of Credits for income earned while a resident of another state. Individuals who earn or receive income within Ohio will be able to claim the nonresident credit with respect to all items of income not earned and not received in Ohio.