Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I lived in colorado springs in 2023, but am now in arizona. I filed early and did not recieve the tabor tax refund. How can I claim it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

I lived in colorado springs in 2023, but am now in arizona. I filed early and did not recieve the tabor tax refund. How can I claim it?

Can you clarify whether or not your 2023 DR 0104 has an amount on Line 34?

If there is an amount filled in on your form and your return has been accepted, you can check the status of your Colorado state refund on the website, Where's My Refund?  

If there isn't an amount on Line 34 and you qualify based on the qualifications listed here, you will have to amend your tax return. Click here to follow step-by-step instructions on how to amend your Colorado state return. 

Once you start the process of amending your return, you can follow the instructions below to make sure the Tabor Tax refund is on your return:

1. Open your Colorado state return. 
  2. Continue through the screens. 
  3. Select Done with credits and taxes on the Take a look at Colorado credits and taxes pageand continue the state interview.
  4. On the Qualifying for the Colorado state sales tax refund page, select No.  
  5. If appropriate, select No on the Qualifying for the Colorado sales tax. refund screen.  Note: If you select Yes on this screen, you'll be disqualified for the credit.
  6. If you qualify, the You're getting the Colorado sales tax refund! screen should generate.  Select Continue.
  7. Continue through the rest of your state return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies