Solved: I live in Texas, am a resident of Texas, but work for a company in NM. I perform the work in Texas. Why are taxes withheld?

I live in Texas, am a resident of Texas, but work for a company in NM. I perform the work in Texas. Why are taxes withheld?

I am a resident of Texas for 64 years.  The company is in New mexico, but the job location is Texas.

If you live and work in Texas, your tax home is in Texas even if your employer is based in another state. Your income is earned in Texas where there is no state tax.

If you had state tax withheld in New Mexico, you need to file a non-resident New Mexico state tax return to obtain a refund of these taxes.