Solved: I live in NY but worked in NH Do I need to file in NH. I only made $648 in NH

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdrescher7

I live in NY but worked in NH Do I need to file in NH. I only made $648 in NH

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CynthiaR

New Hampshire has no general personal income tax, but the state does tax interest and dividends at 5%. This tax is due from resident individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies, and fiduciaries with nontransferable shares earning more than $2,400 per year (joint filers: $4,800) from their investments.

If you had New Hampshire state taxes withheld from your pay then you may want to file a non-resident New Hampshire tax return to get a refund on those taxes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CynthiaR

New Hampshire has no general personal income tax, but the state does tax interest and dividends at 5%. This tax is due from resident individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies, and fiduciaries with nontransferable shares earning more than $2,400 per year (joint filers: $4,800) from their investments.

If you had New Hampshire state taxes withheld from your pay then you may want to file a non-resident New Hampshire tax return to get a refund on those taxes.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings