icequeen2894

I live in Missouri, outside of Kansas City, but worked in Kansas City, KS for about a month last year and paid no local taxes, do I need to file form RD-109NR?

Hal_Al

Q.  Do I need to file form RD-109NR?

A. No.  That form is for the Kansas City MO wage/income tax.  If you only worked in KC, KS, it is not applicable.

However, you do need to file  Kansas state income tax return, even if you already had KS state tax withheld.   MO will give you a credit, or partial credit, for any net tax paid to KS. 

Hal_Al

Q.  Do I need to file form RD-109NR?

icequeen2894

I backtracked a little bit and figured that out,  thank you!!