msoohooh

I live in Maryland and sold timber on land in Mississippi. where do i place income. Do I have to file taxes in Mississippi?

HelenaC

To enter the sale of timber, click on Where do I enter income from a timber sale?

Yes, you have to file a MS nonresident income tax return. Click on How do I file a nonresident state return?

If you are not a Mississippi resident but earned income in Mississippi then you have to file a nonresident return. While this return will require you to report your total income, it will only tax you on the income you earned in Mississippi. Do note that if your allowable deductions and exemptions are greater than your Mississippi income, you do not need to file a nonresident return. Form 80-100 - Mississippi Department of Revenue - State of Mississippi

HelenaC