turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bjwatts76

I live in Louisiana but work in Arkansas. I did not work in Louisiana any in 2018. Should I file a state tax. Turbo tax is calculating a refund for Louisiana too.

I want to know specifically, should I be filing a state tax for Louisiana if I did not work any in the state of Louisiana in 2018.  I worked in Arkansas the whole year.  I only reside in Louisiana. Please advise

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

I live in Louisiana but work in Arkansas. I did not work in Louisiana any in 2018. Should I file a state tax. Turbo tax is calculating a refund for Louisiana too.

Yes.  If you live in Louisiana, you are required to file a return there because Louisiana has the right to tax all of your income regardless of where you earn it.  They give you a credit for the tax you pay to Arkansas for the work you do there, and apparently you are entitled to a refundable credit in Louisiana which is producing a refund.  I can't see your return in this public format but believe that your return could well be correct.  But you are required to file a LA return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies