Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I live in a California County that is affected by the IRS and FTB delayed filing dates. I owe tax the IRS. How do I pay taxes on Oct 16 2023? I do not see that option.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

I live in a California County that is affected by the IRS and FTB delayed filing dates. I owe tax the IRS. How do I pay taxes on Oct 16 2023? I do not see that option.

Yes, you are correct.  There are no options in TurboTax to pay in advance beyond the original due date when filing before the due date.  You can select a date for direct debit on/before the original due date prior to 18 Apr or the date of filing, if filing after the due date.   

You can however select "Pay by check" and then use the IRS.gov site to set up the direct debit payment in advance after filing your return.   The IRS automatically suspends late fees/interest for those in the affected areas for the delay.

Here is the IRS announcement for reference.  Also here is the IRS "Make a Payment" link. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
simsjo

So there will not be an update to TurboTax to allow for us to pick a payment day beyond 18 Apr?  Per IRS-2023-33 issued on 24 Feb 2023 certain taxpayers are allow to file and pay taxes as late at 16 Oct 2023.  I would think there would be updates to the software to account for this. Please advice.

@simsjo wrote:

So there will not be an update to TurboTax to allow for us to pick a payment day beyond 18 Apr?  Per IRS-2023-33 issued on 24 Feb 2023 certain taxpayers are allow to file and pay taxes as late at 16 Oct 2023.  I would think there would be updates to the software to account for this. Please advice.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for this issue and to sign up for notifications - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/internal-revenue-service/allowed-move-ta...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies