verteve6lh

I live and work in PA. W-2 has correct PA wages & tax but also has MA wages & tax.I never worked in MA. Do I need to file a MA return? It is small $ so don't need refund.

I live and work in PA. My W-2 has the correct PA wages & tax but it also has MA wages & tax. I never worked in MA. Do I need to file a MA return? It is a small amount so I don't really care about a refund.

Thanks!

DanielV01

If you did not work in MA then none of your income is taxable in MA.  As such, you would not have to file a Massachusetts return.

However, keep in mind that Massachusetts receives the W-2 as well.  If they ask questions as to why you chose not to file a Massachusetts nonresident return, you might need to provide documentation that the income was not earned in MA and you did not live in MA.