kidthornton

I have W-2's from 2 different states. I lived in CO (and worked) from Jan-Dec, but I worked in Ohio from May-Oct. How should I appropriate my Income for each state?

CO currently calculates that I owe $415 in taxes when I include my Adjusted Gross Income and Taxable Income from my 1040. OH took $207 State and $136 Local on my 1 W-2 from there.

Hal_Al

Ohio does a convoluted tax calculation for non-residents/part year residents. It calculates tax on total income, then it calculates a non resident/part year resident credit, which it subtracts from the tax it calculated on the total income. The credit is calculated as your non-Ohio income divided by Total adjusted Income multiplied by the total tax. TurboTax (TT)   does this by allocating your income as either Ohio or non-Ohio. W-2 income will be allocated by the state name abbreviation shown in box 15 of your W-2. TT will ask you, item by item, in the state section, how much of your other income is Ohio or non-Ohio income. Make sure that your non-Ohio wages show CO (Other state postal abbreviation)  in box 15 of your W-2 screen, with the CO amount in box 16. 

Hal_Al