Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a question. I am filing my 2016 taxes but i have worked in VA and MD. I currently live in MD and have since July 30. I lived in VA before this......

Its telling me to file as a part year to MD and i don't know how to do the question where its asking for non maryland income and non maryland losses and adjustments? Does that just mean my total amount earned with all jobs not in MD?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

I have a question. I am filing my 2016 taxes but i have worked in VA and MD. I currently live in MD and have since July 30. I lived in VA before this......

Yes, you are correct. Your non-Maryland income would be all the income you earned while not living in Maryland. Same with adjustments and losses. You must file form 502, which TurboTax will include for you.

Maryland calculates your exemption, standard deduction, etc. based upon the percentage of your income that was earned while a resident of that state, so an accurate calculation of your AGI is important.

You can find the complete instructions for a Maryland resident and part-year resident here.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

Yes, you are correct. Your non-Maryland income would be all the income you earned while not living in Maryland. Same with adjustments and losses. You must file form 502, which TurboTax will include for you.

Maryland calculates your exemption, standard deduction, etc. based upon the percentage of your income that was earned while a resident of that state, so an accurate calculation of your AGI is important.

You can find the complete instructions for a Maryland resident and part-year resident here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies