pinksparkle94

I have a question. I am filing my 2016 taxes but i have worked in VA and MD. I currently live in MD and have since July 30. I lived in VA before this......

Its telling me to file as a part year to MD and i don't know how to do the question where its asking for non maryland income and non maryland losses and adjustments? Does that just mean my total amount earned with all jobs not in MD?

MiriamF

Yes, you are correct. Your non-Maryland income would be all the income you earned while not living in Maryland. Same with adjustments and losses. You must file form 502, which TurboTax will include for you.

Maryland calculates your exemption, standard deduction, etc. based upon the percentage of your income that was earned while a resident of that state, so an accurate calculation of your AGI is important.

You can find the complete instructions for a Maryland resident and part-year resident here.

MiriamF