I have a question about line 17 on form 8379. Line...

I have a question about line 17 on form 8379. Line 17 column (a) asks for your credits minus any earned income credits. If you go by the guide it tells you take the credits from line 13a of your 1040

I’m not really certain what your question is, but I’ll provide the following, which hopefully will be of assistance.

For 2019, the Instructions for Form 8379 line 17 say:

"Include any tax credits (except the earned income credit) reported on Form 1040 or 1040-SR, line 13a, or Schedule 3 (Form 1040 or 1040-SR)."

[Bolding mine.]

Form 1040, line 13a, is the Child Tax Credit or Credit for Other Dependents.

Schedule 3 includes a number of other credits. 

There is no schedule 3 on my 1040 that i see. Where do i find the other credits?

The other credits that would apply are listed on Schedule 3.

In TurboTax Online, go to Deductions & Credits.  Any credits that you’ve generated in TurboTax will be listed there.