turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

changman

Since Illinois increased their state income tax rate as of 7/1/17, can we file a Schedule SA to take advantage of the Method 2 - Specific Accounting Method on TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Since Illinois increased their state income tax rate as of 7/1/17, can we file a Schedule SA to take advantage of the Method 2 - Specific Accounting Method on TurboTax?

I have a definitive response from the Developers just today.

The IL-1040 Schedule SA will not be  supported by TTX for for 2017 IL taxes.

Thus, if you really want to use it, you will have to manually do it on paper forms, and mail in your IL forms .

Thus only the default blended tax calculation will be used by the  TTX software.

(Or check with other software providers)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

4 Replies

How do you square this answer with your "lowest tax" guarantee?

How do you square this answer with your "maximum refund" guarantee?

"We" don't.  We are mostly other users in this public forum, not TurboTax staff.

I would guess that this was a business decision as to whether to put in the software effort for a complex one-time form.

Here's the details on the money back guarantee if the other method would have given you a larger refund..

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908546-what-is-your-maximum-refund-or-tax-savings-guarantee-or-yo...>

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I have a definitive response from the Developers just today.

The IL-1040 Schedule SA will not be  supported by TTX for for 2017 IL taxes.

Thus, if you really want to use it, you will have to manually do it on paper forms, and mail in your IL forms .

Thus only the default blended tax calculation will be used by the  TTX software.

(Or check with other software providers)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies