dmiller

I filed my taxes. It shows my fed tax pending, but my state tax started . Do I need to do anything else about my state tax?

ErinH

Federal: The IRS has put out a notice that they will not be accepting any type of 2017 tax return until January 29, 2017 (unless they pull a few returns from tax preparation company servers for testing.)  That is why your federal return is in pending status which means it is sitting on the TurboTax servers waiting for the IRS to start accepting tax returns. 

State: Your state has most likely not finalized their forms yet. Please see the FAQ below which shows the date each state is expected to finalize their forms. You'll need to return to the program and file your state return once your forms are complete.  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319879