Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

turbolhm

I am very disappointed in Turbo Taxes ability to calculate my part year resident tax forms in IL and PA. Anyone else been successful at getting part year returns done?

Even though TT did compute my prorated exemption and other things on Schedule NR, it failed to transfer those to the IL 1040.  PA return is just an absolute mess with numbers just assumed that are all wrong.  I paid for the state forms and got more of a headache than help.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

I am very disappointed in Turbo Taxes ability to calculate my part year resident tax forms in IL and PA. Anyone else been successful at getting part year returns done?

TurboTax follows state laws when preparing state returns.   Please review the information below and if you are still having issues, please reply and someone can most likely help you out.  

Filing returns in more than one state

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
turbolhm

I have been using TurboTax for years in many different states and I know what I am doing when it comes to doing taxes.   I do need someone to help because I know that Turbo Tax has done it wrong and now with the Mac CD version I am not able to figure out how to directly edit or override the tax forms to fix it myself.  Last night I shared my screen with support and was not able to get any help then either.  

start a new tax return and try again from scratch.

@turbolhm 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies