Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MPB2
Returning Member

I am trying to split a money market muni income between one state and all other states. Turbo Tax won't let me enter "All Other States." Do I have to list every state?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

I am trying to split a money market muni income between one state and all other states. Turbo Tax won't let me enter "All Other States." Do I have to list every state?

No. You only have to list the states where you are filing an income tax return. Use Multiple States for municipal income received from securities of other states.

1. Type dividends in Search (magnifying glass) in the top right
  2. Click Jump to dividends
  3. On “Your investments and savings” Edit your dividends
  4. On Now, let’s review your 1099-DIV check your Box 12 amount, then Continue
  5. On "Do these uncommon situations apply?" select None of these apply, then Continue
  6. On "Do these uncommon situations apply?" select None of these apply, then Continue
  7. On “Tell us more about your exempt-interest dividends," tap I earned exempt-interest dividends in more than one state
  8. Select Your State and Multiple States and enter the amount of other state dividends in Multiple States

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

.......and the "Multiple States" selection is at the very end of the list of states.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
MPB2
Returning Member

Thanks for all of the replies.  My bad, I had not gone down far enough in the list 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies