I am being asked a state-issued ID to file tax. There are 3 options: Drivers License, State ID and none. I have an expired learner's permit. Which option should I choose.

I am about to file my return and I am being asked this to confirm my identity.

Driver's License.  While a Learner's Permit does not give you full license to drive, it is a Driver's License for ID purposes, which is what this question is asking.

Thanks, Daniel. Can I enter it even though it expired in 2015?

That's a different question.  You can enter it, but it might not pass diagnostics.