achung0315

I am a resident in Queens, NY so I am pay NYC Tax. If I move to Great Neck, Long Island what would happen to my NYC Tax withholding? Do I need a proof of address change?

I'm currently residing in Queens NY, so I am required to pay the NYC tax. It's currently being withheld from my paycheck. I'm planning to move to Great Neck in Long Island which is in Nassau County so I will no longer be required to pay NYC tax. If I change my address with w4, will I be getting the check without NYC tax withholding taken out? Do I have to have a proof of address change such as driver's license etc to prove the residency change? Thank you.

rjs

You have to ask your payroll department what their procedure is to change your address and stop the withholding of NYC tax.