I am a non resident of OR and paid OR State Tax. I want to remove the OR state tax paid on Schedule A so I won't pay Fed tax on the OR refund next year. How do I do this?

jackierhall

I want my OR state return to reflect the OR tax withheld from my W2 so Turbotax does not reflect that I need to pay OR State tax.  So I don't think I want to remove the OR taxes withheld that are reflected in my W2.  I want to remove the OR state tax withheld from Schedule A. 

KrisD

Chose the state sales tax option (rather than state income tax) for the deduction on your schedule A.