turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I purchase just the state download using a service code?

Hey TURBOTAX,

Why is it that you guys hire people with Nooooo technical background that provide poor support experience? I would understand if it was only one rep, maybe two if they just got new hires but Literally my 5th!!! time talking to a rep on the phone and that have no knowledge of the ins and outs of TurboTax Desktop application. PLEASE do your due diligence when you're having people in the support line that have no idea how the system works.  I mean this is ridiculous, the support line might as well be non existent. It's nonsensical and I'm beyond frustrated for lack of better words. I even posted my question regarding your product on the forum community, and go figure it goes unanswered.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Service codes are only given by customer support for per-defined reasons.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/what-is-a-service-code/01/25646

If you need a state then  use the add a state and enter your Credit Card information  to purchase it.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

@CharlesNY wrote:

Hey TURBOTAX,

I even posted my question regarding your product on the forum community, and go figure it goes unanswered.

This appears to be the ONLY post ever made by your user account.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/3405577

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Yep. I can't even get the code to download NC State S Corp tax return. Ordered the Fed S Corp TWICE, tax return lost after it was completed!  Ordered the software the second time (purchased the CD this time because I was afraid they'd lose my account and tax return again, but with the CD there was no way to purchase the state CD-401S and no one at Turbo Tax after 6 people have been able to get me the State S-Corp.  (CD-401S) downloaded. I had to go to the State website and I will be filling it out by hand. Disgusted!  

I was not given a service code, nor was I able to purchase the NC State S Corp with a credit card.  Not by calling the Turbo tax Representative, or doing this myself. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies