Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

amd81

How do I input a tax exempt fund dividends earned in multiple states without getting an error? Says the code MX is incorrect on the worksheet. I live in Louisiana.

Last year I put down multiple states and had no problem. Help!!!
Thanks!
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I input a tax exempt fund dividends earned in multiple states without getting an error? Says the code MX is incorrect on the worksheet. I live in Louisiana.

@amd81 

Yeah...this year they changed that code...its XX now, at least for 2022 taxes.

They could change it back next year ....of course, if you had just used the interview for those settings, the XX would have been put in for you. 

I realize that experienced desktop/download users may like to enter some things in the Forms Mode directly, but changes like this can mess you up. Should probably use the interview for most things, then only use Forms Mode only when absolutely necessary to "fix" a problem..

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

@amd81 

Yeah...this year they changed that code...its XX now, at least for 2022 taxes.

They could change it back next year ....of course, if you had just used the interview for those settings, the XX would have been put in for you. 

I realize that experienced desktop/download users may like to enter some things in the Forms Mode directly, but changes like this can mess you up. Should probably use the interview for most things, then only use Forms Mode only when absolutely necessary to "fix" a problem..

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies