Qtax09

How do I answer residency question? l lived one year in New York (2018) now back in Hawaii 2019

information asked my address and state.  then asked if I lived in another state, I said yes. then asked what state before I moved.  now confused what to put where on the questionnaire.

I rented my condo in Hawaii for 2018. so I do have income there.

KatrinaB

If you only had New York state income during 2018, then you will answer no to the question Did you live in another state. The program is asking did you live in another state during 2018 in case you are obligated to file a second state return. 

KatrinaB