Help!!! My state tax efiling is getting rejected

Hi,

I am filing using turbotax for my south Carolina state tax filing.

I am repeatedly getting rejection with Reject Code 0008.

I am out side or US and has submitted returns accordingly.

Please help....

Does the reject code come with the phrase "Missing or Invalid Foreign Province or State"?

This is a reject code for having a foreign address.

How did you enter your address in Personal Info or My Info on the federal return? When you saw "Type of mailing address", did you choose the pull down option for "foreign country" before you entered anything else?

Hi 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have selected Foreign country and my federal return is accepted.

But my state return for south carolina is getting rejected.

Can you please help

Thanks

If the address on SC1040 is in a foreign country, you will not be able to electronically file your returnYou can still complete the forms and enter the foreign country in the city field, but you will need to print and file your return by mail.

How do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online?

I am a foreign resident and I had no trouble filing electronically to South Carolina.  However, this year I am receiving code 0008 when my return is being rejected.  I have followed the suggested fix and it still will not be accepted by SC.  The fix is to enter my province code which I did using the ISO website.  It still is rejected.  But again, I was able to e-file last year (tax year 2018) without any rejection

I had the same problem and my SC state return was just ACCEPTED after I made two changes.  #1 Make sure your County is set at '88'...this is the code for out of USA.  #2, and I think this was the more important change, Turbo Tax tells you that code 008 is because of the missing ISO province.  I, at first tried to fix this by going to my SC info worksheet and adding the province there (after getting it from the ISO website).  This didn't work...you have to add the province code in the federal 1040 info worksheet and then it flows to SC.  I suspect what happens is that the fed worksheet contains the necessary electronic information when you submit to SC.  Hope this helps and works for you.

Hello,   I need assistance with finding and correcting an error in my DC state taxes. I have gotten a rejection twice now and tried to correct.  The message i get is " ReturnState/ReturnDataState/D2441/DependCare/Relationship - There was an issue with missing or incorrect information while processing your D.C. return. Your return may be missing required dependent information or the relationship entered may be invalid. **Required Dependent Information: 1) Social Security Number 2) Payee Name 3) From Date 4) To Date 5) Amount Paid 6) Dependent Address (Street, City, State, ZIP) 7) Relationship (see below) **Relationship (to you) information choices. Please enter one of the following: 1) PARENT, GRANDPARENT, BROTHER, SISTER, NEPHEW, NIECE, SON, DAUGHTER, UNCLE, AUNT, STEPBROTHER, STEPSISTER, HALF BROTHER, HALF SISTER, STEPCHILD, FOSTER CHILD , GRANDCHILD, OTHER, NONE"    

I can be reached at [phone number removed]    or [email address removed]