Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form TC-40w(1) Payer ID Error in Utah

Changing the WTH to lowercase wth worked for me

This worked for me thank you

I have no entry box above everything to check. Do i just need to print out a clean fourm and just mail it in?? My federal is all correct but looking down at it, it has all my 2020 w2s all thrown into the one part 1, so all the info is wrong and jumbled

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

No. You will have to edit the input of your W-2 on the federal screen, which will then flow to your Utah return. 

You can follow these steps in TurboTax to edit your W-2:

1. Open your tax return. 
  2. Search for W-2 with the magnifying glass tool on the top of the page. 
  3. Select the Jump to W-2 link at the top of the search results.
  4. Click on Edit next to your Utah W-2. 
  5. Enter the Utah payer ID as a 14 character number. The first eleven characters are numeric and the last three are “WTH.” Please do not include hyphens.

Example: 12345678901WTH.

Utah will NOT accept any other version for the Payer ID. 

For additional information, please see TC-40W, Part 1.

@Cheyjawues97

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Not sure why but this worked for me after trying so many other things!! Thank you!

domgtarr

I am also having this error. I re-entered all my W2's and 1099-G and still am getting the error. All my payer ID's are 14 characters long with WTH at the end. I talked to a representative and the only advice I got was to re-enter my information... Any help would be so appreciated, I am running out of options here and am wondering if it is a glitch? 

Type the end letters lowercase wth. This worked for me 

farn

I found that in the e-transfer of my  W-2s that the WTH of the entries was wth. I changed this by click on the "federal" in the side menu and editing each W-2 that was imported this way. Hope I helped someone.

I'm so annoyed that just changing the WTH to lowercase worked. TurboTax needs to really fix this bug. Its completely unacceptable that they dont have some sort of front end validation or backend conversion of these values to be able to convert to the right format. Get it together TurboTax. 

melcannon

Thank you so much! I have been trying to figure this out for 2 weeks! I even had an appointment scheduled for this afternoon. I removed "UT" from the State's ID and was able to finally file and transmit my taxes. Thanks again!

Yeah I just spent a couple of hours trying to fix this bug and one other bug from a Robinhood import before I found the lowercase WTH fix. 😠

I just finished helping a TurboTax customer with this issue. The customer had called in previously, and had been told to try entering "wth" (exclude the quotes) at the end of the Payer ID, adding zeros, as well as calling their employer to confirm that the Payer ID matched with the Employer's information.

None of these solutions resulted in fixing the problem. I asked the customer if he had imported his W2s and he acknowledged that he had. I then took the customer through deleting his W2s and opting to re-enter each one manually by typing in the information. The customer did have to import the info on the first screen, but I made sure the customer also checked that imported info for any discrepancies, and there were a few incorrect lines. After correcting those, I had the customer input all the form lines himself.

When he was finished, we had him review again, and voila, there were no errors, and he was able to successfully efile.

chrisuruguay0
Returning Member

SOLUTION: change WTH to lowercase wth on your W2 forms. and voila!!

WOW!  The lower case WTH (should be wth) actually worked.  Thanks!

jdddavis

I am having the same error.  It is due to a glitch in the program.  If you have more than one job that withheld state income tax the second job listed is not in the correct fields cause the program to detect an error that is impossible for the user to fix.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies