lmax85

Flight attendant based in GA but lives in AL. I received unemployment from GA even though I live in AL. Do I click yes, I made money in state other than Alabama?

Even though I live in AL full time, we are awarded unemployment based off of which state we are based in. On the question where it asks 'did you make money in any other state' should I put yes (since I will be receiving a 1099G form from Georgia?
ErnieS0

Yes. Tell TurboTax that you made money in any other state if you will be receiving a 1099-G from Georgia.

Unemployment benefits derived or resulting from employment in Georgia is taxable to a nonresident. If you are receiving a 1099-G from Georgia, I assume that is the case.

Unemployment is taxable is Georgia. You may need to file a non-resident Georgia income tax return if your unemployment benefits are more of 5% of your total income or $5,000.00.

See Filing Residents, Nonresidents, and Part-Year Residents – FAQ.

To file a nonresident return in TurboTax see How do I file a nonresident state return?

Alabama will give you a take credit for any tax paid to Georgia.

lmax85

Thank you for responding!