Filing a State Tax

allstate65

Filing a State Tax

I recently upgraded from TurboTax deluxe to Home and Office because I am helping a friend do his taxes and he owns a business.   I also have a friend that lives in California that I am helping.  I went to do her state taxes and  the program says that I have to pay to do state tax.  According to the information on the Home and Business I can do one state tax at no cost.  When I went to try to choose California it shows that I have downloaded Pennsylvania.  I did NOT download Pennsylvania.  I don't even know anyone who lives there and the program won't let me remove Pennsylvania.  I have been very happy with TurboTax for many years and now this has got me all upset. I tried to call the support center but apparently they are unable to call me back.

JotikaT2

Filing a State Tax

I apologize for your frustration.  The closer we get to the filing deadline, the higher call volume we receive which results in delays.  

Please see the link below for our current hours as you may get assistance earlier or later in the day when the call volume decreases.

Contacting TurboTax for support

You can also try clicking on the Help button on the top menu bar of your program.

1. Then select TurboTax Help Center.
  2. A popup window will pop up and allow you to type in a search or ask for help.
  3. Once you type in your information here, you will also be prompted to have someone call you if needed on the next screen.  You will need to enter your information in this section.

nzjunt

Filing a State Tax

My problem is that I cannot complete the California state return even though the message I got was that state return was uploaded.  I even switched from "Premier" to" Home and Business" version cause I thought there was a problem with my PC. But then again I used my MacPro and parallel the entries, and it worked. It may be the PC version was corrupt.