handsb

Does the DC return include form D-30 for real estate income?

Do I need the business version rather than the income property version?
GabiU

No. It is also not available in the business version. 
See this link here

kenneyk

Please confirm (Intuit) that no product/version of Turbo Tax enables electronic submission of the DC D-30 Unincorporated Business Franchise Tax Return for 2019.  If some product/version does enable electronic submission, please indicate the product/version. 

The link provided is a list titled "District of Columbia Corporations Form Availability (print only)" - and the list does not contain D-30.  I must be missing something about the relevance of the link to the question.

Also, if known, please indicate why the form is not available (e.g., maybe DC does not accept electronic submissions of this form).

Thank you

DaveF1006

A 2019 DC D-30 Unincorporated Business Franchise Tax Return form is not presently available in Turbo Tax.  The reason why it isn't offered is because it can be a complicated return that can generate errors. it takes many things into account such as  specific Income, deductions, apportionment, NOL, cost of goods sold, contributions, estimates and balance sheet information. This can be overwhelming for the majority of taxpayers and much room to make a mistake that can result in a nasty audit that we at Turbo Tax wishes for you to avoid.    

DC_landlord

The lack of support for DC Form D-30 is a big oversight in TurboTax that is making my tax filing incredibly complicated for something that should be pretty simple. Any landlord with rental income above $12,000 (most everyone in DC) has to file this form, but doing so manually is confusing. I thought I bought the advanced version of Turbo Tax that was going to help me with my basic rental income situation, but it turns out that Turbo Tax doesn't support DC landlords.  

LanceinDC

So, are you're suggesting that we skip filing this return because it's complicated?  Or that we do it without TurboTax's help because it's complicated? 

If we paid for a TurboTax service that includes rentals (which I know I did), then this return, the most basic of DC returns required of all landlords should be included in what TurboTax does.

MaryK1101

If you are required to file the form you must file the form- TurboTax does not include it with DC personal returns- it is not a part of the return- it is a separate return.

@LanceinDC

Bobcat007

Will DC’s D-30 form ever be included in TurboTax’s version for “rental income”? DC has unfortunately applied D-30 to both simple rental income “businesses” as well as actual complicated businesses. Could TurboTax simply pre-fill the applicable parts of D-30 for us? Those of us with rental income understand that we’re only using a small portion of D-30 and have no expectation of using it for anything besides this purpose. It seems like there is an opportunity for TurboTax to indicate that they only support D-30 for rental income rather than allowing businesses to fill out the whole D-30.