cocodog

Does Idaho require me to complete a nonresident return from gambling winnings if I live in Washington State?

ModestaL

Yes , you will need to file a nonresident state return to report your gambling winnings from Idaho on Form W-2G. There is no exemption for gambling winnings in Idaho.

When preparing returns in multiple states, it's best to do your nonresident (Idaho) and/or part-year resident state returns first, and your resident (Washington) state last. So, that the credit for the nonresident state taxes paid is accurately calculated on your resident state tax return.

For more information about Idaho laws click here.

Please see FAQ, and complete the steps to report your winnings/losses on Form W-2G: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5122514

ModestaL