Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I send a copy of my Ohio state taxes with my Federal?

I am mailing in my federal return. Do I need to attach a copy of my Ohio State return with the Federal return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ShawnaD

No, you will mail your Ohio return to Ohio's Department of Taxation, only the federal return and supporting federal forms should be mailed to the IRS.

You can find more information about where to send the Ohio state return by visiting their website here. I have also posted information below from their FAQ that might be helpful:

• If you are filing the IT 1040 Ohio individual income tax return and your return shows a refund or an overpayment to be credited to the next year, please mail your return to the Ohio Department of Taxation, P.O. Box 2679, Columbus, Ohio 43270-2679.
  • If you are filing the IT 1040 Ohio individual income tax return and your return shows tax due, please mail your return and payment to the Ohio Department of Taxation, P.O. Box 2057, Columbus, Ohio 43270-2057.
  • If you are filing the IT 1040 EZ Ohio individual income tax return from tax year 2014 or prior and your return shows a refund, please mail your return to the Ohio Department of Taxation, P.O. Box 182294, Columbus, Ohio 43218-2294.
  • If you are filing the IT 1040 EZ Ohio individual income tax return from tax year 2014 or prior and your return shows tax due, please mail your return and payment to the Ohio Department of Taxation, P.O. Box 182850, Columbus, Ohio 43218-2850.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ShawnaD

No, you will mail your Ohio return to Ohio's Department of Taxation, only the federal return and supporting federal forms should be mailed to the IRS.

You can find more information about where to send the Ohio state return by visiting their website here. I have also posted information below from their FAQ that might be helpful:

• If you are filing the IT 1040 Ohio individual income tax return and your return shows a refund or an overpayment to be credited to the next year, please mail your return to the Ohio Department of Taxation, P.O. Box 2679, Columbus, Ohio 43270-2679.
  • If you are filing the IT 1040 Ohio individual income tax return and your return shows tax due, please mail your return and payment to the Ohio Department of Taxation, P.O. Box 2057, Columbus, Ohio 43270-2057.
  • If you are filing the IT 1040 EZ Ohio individual income tax return from tax year 2014 or prior and your return shows a refund, please mail your return to the Ohio Department of Taxation, P.O. Box 182294, Columbus, Ohio 43218-2294.
  • If you are filing the IT 1040 EZ Ohio individual income tax return from tax year 2014 or prior and your return shows tax due, please mail your return and payment to the Ohio Department of Taxation, P.O. Box 182850, Columbus, Ohio 43218-2850.

I bought Turbo Tax Deluxe with Ohio State tax included. When I went to e-file , it came back forms not ready. It said that both Federal and Ohio tax was transmitted. When are the Ohio state tax forms going to be ready? I would like a copy of my Ohio state return.

I have been e-filing both Federal and state taxes for over 4 years. You have charged me every year to do this so what gives this year? Where are the forms for the Ohio state tax? You keep saying forms are not published. This is hard to believe, this close to the beginning of tax season Feb 12th.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

As the state updates forms, they are incorporated into the system. Please check Forms Availability for your method of tax preparation. It is usually end of March before the federal and states have all forms updated. They start with the most common and work their way down to the least common. 

@johnjackson6614

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies