Teri11

Do i need to turn in my w-2 to get my state taxes mailed to me

Hal_Al

Yes, if you filed  by mail. No, if you e-filed the state return.

If you mailed in your state return, without enclosing a copy of your W-2, one of three things will happen:

1. The state will send your return back, asking you to resubmit with a copy of your W-2.  Your refund will be delayed.
  2.  The state will send you a letter requesting a copy of your W-2. Your refund will be delayed.
  3. The state will process your return, because they were able to match your W-2 in their computer system.  Your refund will be delayed.

Your chances of expediting your refund by sending in the W-2, on your own, are more  likely to delay your refund more.

Teri11

I e- filed feds n state but I wanted my state to be mailed due to paying $120.00 to file my feds n I'm sure it would've cost more for my state as well so I wanted it mailed next week Friday 4/17 it will be 2 months n when I call the state tax line they have no information on my return

KatrinaB48

Are you filing electronically or by mail?

Hal_Al

Teri11