Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ppeteet

Do I need to file state returns for both Georgia and Illinois if I am a full-time resident of Georgia who received a K-1 (form 1065) from a partnership in Illinois?

I was not active in the management of the rental property in Illinois, and the amount of net rental real estate income (box 2 on the K-1) was only  $202.      

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I need to file state returns for both Georgia and Illinois if I am a full-time resident of Georgia who received a K-1 (form 1065) from a partnership in Illinois?

No, there is no Illinois return required to be filed. 

nonresident, you must file Form IL-1040 and Schedule NR if

• you earned enough taxable income from Illinois sources to have a tax liability (i.e., your Illinois base income from Schedule NR, Step 5, Line 46, is greater than your Illinois exemption allowance on Schedule NR, Step 5, Line 50), 
  • The exemption allowance is $2,000 for 2017. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

No, there is no Illinois return required to be filed. 

nonresident, you must file Form IL-1040 and Schedule NR if

• you earned enough taxable income from Illinois sources to have a tax liability (i.e., your Illinois base income from Schedule NR, Step 5, Line 46, is greater than your Illinois exemption allowance on Schedule NR, Step 5, Line 50), 
  • The exemption allowance is $2,000 for 2017. 
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies