turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need to file a state tax return?

I moved from Pennsylvania to Florida in October 2017.  I filed my 2017 taxes as a resident of Florida.  I just realized that my employer withheld a significant amount of Pennsylvania tax income in 2018.  Do I have to file a Pennsylvania Non-Resident state tax for to get that money back?

We did still own a home in Pennsylvania that we sold in July 2018.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You should read through the publication at the link below to determine your residency for PA income tax purposes (although it does not appear from the facts you stated that you would be considered a resident).

https://www.revenue.pa.gov/FormsandPublications/FormsforIndividuals/PIT/Documents/rev-611.pdf

Regardless, you will have to actually file a PA income tax return in order to receive any tax refund due. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You should read through the publication at the link below to determine your residency for PA income tax purposes (although it does not appear from the facts you stated that you would be considered a resident).

https://www.revenue.pa.gov/FormsandPublications/FormsforIndividuals/PIT/Documents/rev-611.pdf

Regardless, you will have to actually file a PA income tax return in order to receive any tax refund due. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies