rt_28

Do I have to pay state tax (WI) on unemployment insurance, I fill nonresident for that state?

The only earn income is unemployment insurance. Do I have to file WI state tax? If so, do I have to report the long term capital gain to the state tax return? If I file as nonresident.

ChrisJ

Unemployment compensation received by an individual who is not a resident of Wisconsin is not taxable by Wisconsin, regardless of whether the payments relate to services performed in Wisconsin or another state. 

Supplemental unemployment benefits paid by a Wisconsin employer under a company plan to an individual who is not a resident of Wisconsin are not taxable by Wisconsin.

Page 16: https://www.revenue.wi.gov/DOR%20Publications/pb122.pdf