Solved: Do i have to file state taxes in south dakota if all my income comes from minnesota? I moved from minnesota to south dakota in oct 2016 and currently rent a home...

Do i have to file state taxes in south dakota if all my income comes from minnesota? I moved from minnesota to south dakota in oct 2016 and currently rent a home...

No. You will only need to file in MN and report all your MN sourced income on your MN part-year tax return. SD has no state income taxes so no SD state filing is necessary.