Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Credit Card Not Accepted

I tried paying the $25 state e-file fee 15 times with several different credit cards today.  Keeps coming back that card info could not be authorized, makes no sense as all 4 cards are fine. I then called "customer service" and the person I spoke with had no clue, later called again and same result (reps answering calls have minimal tax knowledge let alone understand how/where to resolve a simple payment issue such as this - 2 calls each for 40 minutes and no resolution).

Turbo Tax, get your act together, the least you can do is make paying the state e-file fee easy, considering you shouldn't even being charging this after we already pay for your software and considering how e-filing is automated/electronic!  Hoping someone looks into this asap so we can file our State taxes!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Credit Card Not Accepted

We need additional details to be able to assist you further.  

What version of TurboTax are you using?  Also, what operating system are you working with - Windows or Mac?

@SteveNate

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Credit Card Not Accepted

I'm using the desktop (Mac) version. I now spent the past 6+ hours on calls with "customer service" to try and diagnose why the system is not taking my credit card (in fact, not taking any of 4 cards I tried, all having plenty of available credit for this $25 fee). Each agent had  minimal knowledge of the issue or resolution, and just kept me on hold, transferred the call (back into the wait que, etc).  No one could clarify why the system wouldn't process the $25, nor any suggestion on where/how to escalate or otherwise resolve.

Finally, after seeing a link in the payment process area for Help with payment, I found a Pay By Phone screen and called the 877 #.  After another 40 minutes with a rep saying they didn't know how to handle pay by phone, he just transferred me to another rep, who, after I explained the problem for the 8th time today, he found the right screen and entered the Serial # I have him from the Pay By Phone screen. He then gave me the Confirmation Code which allowed me to finally proceed and e-file my state return.  Hopefully this info will be of some help to other TT customers having similar issues paying the (stupid) $25 state filing fee (we shouldn't even be charged this fee to begin with) - - suffice it to say this has been one terrible, frustrating Turbo Tax experience!!!  

Credit Card Not Accepted

So I call the 800# and after 3 minutes I get some dead air and then chickens and roosters crowing and dogs barking in the background. Instead of giving me the code I'm supposed to enter, he wants to go live on my computer, even though I have desktop version. WTF? THATS TurboTax help!???

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Credit Card Not Accepted

Please try to reach out to customer support again through the link below if you need more assistance.  

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Intuit    

Credit Card Not Accepted

I'm having the same issues.  $45 to access a CA return. Robbery but that is another issue. Two credit cards that are fine.  won't accept either.  Timely help from Turbo Tax is now non-existent.  I've been using this product for 20+ years and it has continued to decline the last 3.  I predict a massive uprising where many of us will bite the bullet to repopulate our info in another software owned by a company that gives a hoot about its customers.  TT is now awful.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Credit Card Not Accepted

If you are unable to pay for the software, please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone so we can better assist you. @jmuldoon2017

Credit Card Not Accepted

I am having the same issue.   Over 15 times trying multiple Credit cards, all of which are GOOD, and TURBO TAX cannot accept any of the credit cards to pay the $25.00 fee to Turbo Tax.  I am on Windows 11 by the way.  There's a link at this point which states "Purchase By Phone" and has you call the Intuit number for help to pay over the phone.  I called this number three times, spent about 45 minutes EACH time on HOLD, totaling OVER THREE HOURS on the PHONE, and the line just dropped AFTER about 45 minutes EACH TIME.  One support person picked up ONLY ONCE, he had no knowledge of the payment by phone process or whether they did that, and put me back on HOLD, only to have them eventually DROP the line AGAIN.  So I PAID for TURBO TAX DELUXE only to have garbage software, and no support.  I guess I will have to use the other competitor and do my taxes ALL OVER AGAIN in the other software as TURBO TAX does NOT support their product. 

Credit Card Not Accepted

This is so frickin frustrating !! Having same issue.  I’ve spent over 2 hrs on the phone between two calls.  I just want to pay $25 to file .  They finally said there was a problem with my intuit account and I’d have to call back Monday !   You’d think they could take a **bleep** payment on line in 2022 !!!

kist282

Credit Card Not Accepted

Hi SteveNate,

I am having same issue and my taxes are now going to be filed late, which has never happened to me before.  I know exactly how you feel and this totally unacceptable!  

Credit Card Not Accepted

I can understand your frustration with the time consuming issue. However, your comment has no basis on attacking the reps that helped you. A payment processing issue is not tax knowledge, but you say the reps have little knowledge about taxes. Were there instances that you couldn't get tax help? Two separate issues here.

Credit Card Not Accepted

Your taxes are late because you waited until the last day to file. Not because TurboTax had a record number of customers calling in on the last day that wait times were extremely long. I understand your frustration but come on, all the blame is on TurboTax?

Credit Card Not Accepted

This is a follow-up post.  I called customer service at Turbo Tax  the following day, and this time got a very helpful person.  I was getting concerned because the calls before seemed to be "dropping" after the call connected.  But this time it was good - so don't give up hope.  I know it's busy now.  Anyway, I understood his name to be Judy, and he just took the time needed to look up the answer as to why my credit card - like so many other people's credit cards on the Community - were not being accepted by the Turbo Tax software.  He gave me the 'override' which did fix the problem. once I put his 'override' in, which appeared to allow the software to bypass the glitch, the credit card was then accepted.  All was good after that.  I let Judy know how helpful he was and that it was very much appreciated.  Thank you also to Turbo Tax for also having lines open during the weekends as we got closer to the filing deadline.   And Thank you again to Judy, for going the extra distance to find out how to get past that apparent Turbo Tax software issue.  It's much appreciated. 

slpetri60

Credit Card Not Accepted

I totally agree with you. When I began it said I only had to pay for state and they did not have to do anything EXTRA and now they are charging $108 for both and I disagree. Someone needs to complain about this to the Attorney General and that is going to be me for sure.

Credit Card Not Accepted

I just read that over 4 million TurboTax customers are getting a refund due to TurboTax customers being dupped out of hundreds of dollars by misleading promos or advertisements concerning their "FREETOFILE" jargon... SMH! Why would you guys allow this type of misrepresentation to us the underdog?? 

If this is true...I'm waiting on my many years of refunds from using your products!

Also the software purchased for small business owners Intuit is a farce!! It's not what I paid for, it requires more money... again SMH!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies