Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Company address in another state

Hi, I got my income in California, but on W2, the company address is in Florida. Do I need to file another state tax?
1 Reply
New Member

Company address in another state

No, it's not unusual if your employer's address on Form W-2 is in a different state than you worked; enter your employer's address as listed on your Form W-2.

No requirement to file a state return is based upon the employer's address, state filing requirements are determined based upon the state listed in boxes 17-20 of your Form W-2 and the state you live in.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings