turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't e-file IL state taxes due to 1099DIV state withholding not less than federal withholding. Near as I can tell, they are both 0, so what am I missing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can't e-file IL state taxes due to 1099DIV state withholding not less than federal withholding. Near as I can tell, they are both 0, so what am I missing?

Check your 1099-DIV and 1099-INT forms in Forms Mode:   

On a 1099-INT or a 1099-DIV form, any Fed/State withholding boxes with a zero in them should be left blank, and remove any state designation in the state withholding area too.

....and all boxes with a zero in them should probably also be left blank......the only occasional exception would be box 1 on a 1099-INT or box 1a on a 1099-DIV form that the software occasionally requires at least some kind of entry, even if it's just a 0.00

...For some reason, a few Financial providers are sticking zero's in on boxes where they should be left blank.  When those forms are imported, you don't see those unnecessary zero's unless you edit the form and take them out.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Check your 1099-DIV and 1099-INT forms in Forms Mode:   

On a 1099-INT or a 1099-DIV form, any Fed/State withholding boxes with a zero in them should be left blank, and remove any state designation in the state withholding area too.

....and all boxes with a zero in them should probably also be left blank......the only occasional exception would be box 1 on a 1099-INT or box 1a on a 1099-DIV form that the software occasionally requires at least some kind of entry, even if it's just a 0.00

...For some reason, a few Financial providers are sticking zero's in on boxes where they should be left blank.  When those forms are imported, you don't see those unnecessary zero's unless you edit the form and take them out.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies