turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't change New York State tax payment date on line

I filed my tax return a month or two ago, and originally scheduled my payment to NY State for April 3, 2021.  I cancelled that payment and want to reschedule the payment date to May 17, 2021, but when I go to the NY State Tax website, it will not allow me to schedule my payment for any date other than the default April 15, 2021 date.   How can I now schedule my payment date for May 17, 2021?  I tried calling NY State and they said they had no answer.   Does anyone know what's going on? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Since you can't schedule your payment for May 17 now, you'll have to wait until the NY website makes the change.  You could always wait until May 16 and go on the website and pay that day.

TomD8
Level 15

It may be too late, but the New York phone number to cancel or reschedule a scheduled payment is (518) 485-7884.   When you call, have your return and your payment information available.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

I called that number a week or two ago after I cancelled my scheduled payment on line but they told me they could not reschedule the payment and I would be able to reschedule it for May 17 online.  No luck until now - it keeps defaulting to April 15.  If I enter a date later than April 15, it says I cannot enter a date later than April 15.  Grrrrr!  

just called and miraculously got through right away.  yeah, they told me that they were unable to change the default date, but just pay on the day i want to pay (e.g., May 17) and even though it will say 'late' payment, it won't be.  you cannot pay a non-late payment on the phone, by the way.   seems like a very clunky system, and apparently, they were unable to change the due date default last year either (though i got a refund last year so i didn't know or care).  thanks.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies