Brynmllr

Can I file my completed state tax for the refund now;but not file the fed tax until July ? If so how do I do that on Turbo Tax?

I want to separate the submission of state and fed return.state now fed in July . How do I do that?

DianeC958

As you go through the File Section of TurboTax you can choose to only file the state return.  

If you have a balance due on the Federal, you can go ahead and file the Federal return and the balance due does not need to be paid until July 15, 2020.

There is no penalty for not paying the balance due, as long as you pay it by July 15, 2020.

@Brynmllr

DianeC958

@Brynmllr