Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

can i ammend my NJ return with the free online version of turbo tax I used?

hi. retired person wiht low income. used online TT to file fed and NJ state.  was expected a  $50 refund from NJ but return wAS rejected.  now i realize that i had filed already on the NJ website but without the the $50 refund.  I want NJ to use the version of my return i made in TT not the one I filed on their website.  Help please 🙂 !

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

You cannot use the online program any longer ... it has been closed down.  And if you used a different method to file the NJ return to start with trying to amend just the state will be a big pain in the butt and expensive.  I highly recommend you fill in the NJ amended return manually using the info on the correct TT return and the original NJ return ... you can find the forms needed on the NJ website.  The amendment must be mailed in. 

when was the online free tool shut down?  I just used it last week to file the returns I mentioned (both fed and NJ with efile for free). however, as menitoned, the NJ was rejected since i had already filed on the NJ website

The deadline to use TT online to start a new 2022 return was October 16, 2023.  The online program is now closed for starting new returns.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@supernana 

Use form NJ-1040X to amend a return you filed on NJ website.

It's pretty clear-cut.

The only issue is the giant black bar wastes  a lot of ink.

@supernana 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies