russell-mengollo

Can anyone tell me what the delay in forms for the state of California? My state return says started but my federal was accepted. Please advise if I should file again?

AndreaC1

If your state return shows as "Started," it will show that way until your federal return has been accepted by the IRS. It can only be e-filed once federal is accepted. 

The IRS has stated that they will not start accepting e-filed returns until January 29, 2018. When will the IRS start accepting e-filed returns?

And if you have forms in your return that are not yet ready, it can't be filed until CA has finalized them. You can check dates here State Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products 

So once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS on January 29th, you can log back into your account and file your state return. You can use the instructions below to help you file the state return at that time. 

AndreaC1