Solved: Amending a tax return - state

Amending a tax return - state

I am amending my tax return and I have to pay back to Federal but state owes me, how do I get that money back from state ? The paperwork I have to print off and send with a check only talks bout federal and paying money doesn't talk about how I will get back the money they owe me. 

Amending a tax return - state

You will need to print and mail the amended state tax return.  Then, when it is processed, your state department of revenue will mail you a check for the refund that they owe you.  Be sure your address on the amended return is where you want the check to be mailed.

Amending a tax return - state

Amending a tax return - state

So how do we amend a state return? Because TT Online has updated the information in my two state returns, but it isn't treating them as amended returns...it just looks like the original state return with no amendment paperwork.

Amending a tax return - state

Below is a link for the steps to amend your state return. 

Be aware that many states require a copy of the federal return when you file. Do you need to change anything on your federal return? 

How to amend your state return:

Amending a tax return - state

I figured it out...I had to cancel the amendment and do over to include the states for some reason.