Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

barbgan
Returning Member

AMAZON TURBOTAX DOWNLOADS WILL NOT OPEN!!!!

Unreal incompetence on the part of TurboTax!!  And Amazon will not REFUND THE THREE DOWNLOADS I PURCHASED.  Bought he CD from Staples and all it did was route me to the TT site.  YOUR OPERATION HAS TURNED INTO A RIP OFF!!!!

BUYERS BEWARE!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Three downloads?   Why did you purchase three downloads?   You can only install one version of the desktop software on the same computer.    Why are you trying to download it three times?    And you purchased the software from Amazon---or Staples?   Or from both?      And it sounds like you want to blame TurboTax for not getting a refund from Amazon?   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
barbgan
Returning Member

"You can only install one version of the desktop software on the same computer. "  

NO WHERE does TT advise purchasers of this "condition".  A family member used Indv. Deluxe version.  I downloaded Home & Business.  Yes, I BLAME TURBOTAX because they are responsible for the software, and for informing Amazon and consumers of this "condition".  

In addition, I NEVER use my gmail for this kind of communication.  TurboTax just went ahead and used gmail without verifying who uses it.  Arrogance in both actions. 

If you needed to use Home and Business instead of Deluxe, you could have just upgraded to that version from Deluxe that was installed on your computer.   And---every version of desktop software has all the same forms and schedules so you might not have even needed Home and Business.  Desktop can handle a Schedule C for self-employment.  

Not sure what the issue was regarding the use of gmail.   And how do you think TT would "verify" who was using gmail?

We sometimes see users who think purchasing extra copies of the software will allow them to e-file more than five federal returns--which is not the case.  The five federal e-files is an IRS limit which cannot be overcome by putting in another CD or download.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
barbgan
Returning Member

Again:

The only email I provided is a Yahoo account. How did TT get my gmail?

TT is in business to make money , right?   They could EASILY provide the info you just did when the software detects another version.   Since you are so full of info of.which the general public is unaware, why don't you really make yourself useful and compose user info-mercials when the "detector" goes off?  No more arrogant spouting from you, please. 
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We do not have access to provide any refunds here in this public forum. Please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone so we can better assist you. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies