jamesjnunez

Account Adjustment Notice from NY State Dept of tax adjusted my refund to $0 and says I owe back my entire state. Is this legit? I thought turbo tax was accurate.

TT goes by your data entry. You might have made a keying error or forgotten to claim some income.
Call NYS if you do not understand their letter.
christopher-spin

I just got the same notice - coincidence?  Very vague notice with no explanation of why?
christopher-spin

I have Audit Defense - shoudl I let them answer it?
jrhouck3

I've got the same notice. The explanation section is useless. There is no explanation.

Several others have now posted this. It might be a scam,
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://tax.ny.gov/pit/letters/default.htm">https://tax.ny.gov/pit/letters/default.htm</a>

jrhouck3

Awesome catch. I think i got a letter coming in the mail from the IRS saying "our bad" Someone needs to be fired.