Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

curtisd2

2023 TurboTax Tax Payments Worksheet LN 20 State Total Tax Payments = $14,081 which is correct. SCH A LN H State Taxes shows $140,605 which = over 10 times actual. Why?

SCH A Itemized Deductions shows $140,605 LN 5a but LN e limits it to $10,000 so the 10X State Tax figure has no impact on 1040 but is concerning.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

2023 TurboTax Tax Payments Worksheet LN 20 State Total Tax Payments = $14,081 which is correct. SCH A LN H State Taxes shows $140,605 which = over 10 times actual. Why?

Sounds like you made a mistake and misplaced a decimal or added zeros when you entered state income and state tax withheld from boxes 16 and 17 of your W-2's.   Go back and check you entries for W-2's---especially from box 17.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Even though it doesn't affect 1040 Schedule A it might affect your state tax return especially if it's from withholding in W2 box 17 or a 1099 box 4.  You need to track it down.  

curtisd2

Thanks for the swift replies.  Sometimes TurboTax wouldn't respond when I was in Forms and tried to follow the Data Source.  I had to go back to Step-By-Step and then re-enter Forms.  I tracked down the source.  My W2 has two entries in Box 14.  It could be that my employer is entering this information incorrectly or TurboTax is misinterpreting the entry.

OR ST PFL W/H = $753.05
OR ST PFL WAG = $125,517.82

Don't enter the wages of 125,517.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies